- Home Page - My Chateau
- Peg’s Priceless Picks and Worth It
- Chateau Hotel Index - All Countries
- Chateau Choices - France (Peg's Top Picks - A)
- Manor House Choices - England (Peg's Picks - A)
- Chateau Choices - France (Peg's Picks - B)
- Manor House Choices - England (Peg's Picks - B)
- Chateau Choices - France (Peg's Picks - C)
- Chateau Choices - France (Peg's Picks - D)
- Chateau Choices - France (Peg's Picks - E)
- Chateau Choices - France (Peg's Picks - F)
- Paris Hotel Choices (Peg's TOP Picks - G)
- Austria Hotel Choices (Peg's TOP Picks - H)
- Peg’s Links - Search Chateaux ‘On Your Own’
- Peg's Picks - My Top 11 Museum's of Paris
- Peg's Favorite Tourism Links - France, England
- Most Popular Travel Websites
- Passport Portal - State Department Warnings
- Travel Insurance Links
- Local Travel Agencies - NW Suburbs
Peg's Picks - My Top 11 Museum's of Paris
Through your travel agent and some websites, you can purchase a pass to visit any Musee in Paris for one price. Also, find out if the museum offers a 'Free Admission Day', which use to be on Sunday or Monday.
1. Le Musée du Louvre
One of the richest museums in the world – paintings, sculptures, works of art…
Tél : 01 40 20 50 50
2. Le Château de Versailles
Wanted by Louis XIV, the Sun King, here is the dazzlingly beautiful residence of the kings of France, from 1682 until the revolution of 1789.
Tél : 01 30 38 78 00
3. Le Musée d’Orsay
In the ancient Orsay railway station, the Museum features a vast panorama of the French and European art from 1848 through 1914 – paintings, sculptures, furniture…
62, rue de Lille
Tél : 01 40 49 48 14
4. Les Galeries nationales du Grand Palais
Erected between 1897 and 1900, the Grand Palais welcomes prestigious international exhibitions.
3 avenue du Général-Eisenhower
Tél : 01 44 13 17 30
5. Le Petit Palais
The Paris museum of fine arts and architecture, completely refurbished.
Avenue Winston Churchill
Tél : 01 53 43 40 00
6. Le Musée Rodin
The Hotel Biron, surrounded by its park, features Rodin’s great talent – sculptures, drawings – and sculptures by Camille Claudel.
79, rue de Varenne
Tél : 01 44 18 61 10
7. Le Musée Carnavalet
The history of the town of Paris, from prehistory to today – paintings, sculptures, furniture and models.
23, rue de Sévigné
Tél : 01 44 59 58 58
8. Le Musée Picasso
Set up in the Hotel Salé, in the Marais district, the Museum keeps a unique collection of Picasso’s work – paintings, ceramics, drawings, engravings.
Hôtel Salé 5, rue de Thorigny
Tél : 01 42 71 25 21
9. Le Musée d’Art Moderne
The collections of the Museum, displayed in the Palais de Tokyo, built in 1937, illustrate the main trends of the XXth century art.
11, avenue du Président Wilson
Tél : 01 53 67 40 00
10. Le Musée du Quai Branly
The Musée du Quai Branly, dedicated to the “first arts” of Africa, Asia and Oceania, gives back to the non occidental civilisations their whole place in the history of art and humanity.
37 Quai Branly. 75007 Paris.
Tel: 01 56 61 70 00
11. Centre Beaubourg
At the Centre Pompidou, completely focused on modern and contemporary creation, the visual arts rub shoulders with theatre, music, cinema, literature. In the heart of Paris, a building the architecture of which symbolises the spirit of the 20th century.
19 rue Beaubourg. 75004 Paris
Tel: 01 44 78 12 33